FBI purges anti-Muslim training documents
FBI officials say counterterrorism training documents that included stereotypical depictions of Arabs and Muslims have been purged.
Citing a source it did not identify, Fox News Channel reported hundreds of pages that have been removed were
not consistent with the highest professional standards and the FBI's core values. The grounds for removal included
poor taste, imprecise information, errors of facts and the use of
A Wired magazine blog said in September training documents described the Prophet Mohammed as a
cult leader and suggested Christians and Jews have become less violent while Muslims have maintained a high level of violence.
Christopher Allen, an FBI spokesman, said less than 1 percent of training documents were purged. The documents are used in training new agents and providing continuing education for others.
- You won't believe this politician who said Christians cannot be Arabs...
- Leaked documents, lies and loyalties: The sinister truth behind Assad's killing of Turkish pilots
- Muslims and Jews on common ground: Both face increasing discrimination around the world
- Scandal at the top? The Muslim Brother and his sexy Syrian model 'wife'
- No room on your side? Israel destroys Palestinian villages to make space for IDF training ground.