Arab Awakening turns Nude Spring: FEMEN mujahideen bare all
At 21, Aliaa Magda Elmahdy is already a veteran of the Nude Revolution that's sweeping the Arab world.
The Egyptian student grabbed the globe's attention in October 2011, after posting that nude selfy on her blog. Drawing harsh criticism from Islamic conservatives and fierce support from international feminists in equal measure, her actions sparked a Nude Spring that continues to provoke debate throughout the region, and is set to peak on April 4 with International Topless Jihad day.
The brainchild of FEMEN, an anarchist feminist group who've thrust thousands of breasts onto laptop monitors in the name of equal rights, Topless Jihad day promises a barrage of bare breasted women outside Tunisian embassies across the world, in a show of support for Tunisian FEMENista Amina Tyler.
The group of self-professed sextivists claim that a combination of cool heads, hot breasts and clean hands will provide a winning formula in order to defeat their enemy, political Islam and the patriarchy that system embraces. We can't wait to find out.
- Sh*t happens! Badass Egyptian activist takes a crap on ISIS flag
- Oh no she didn't! FEMEN favourite Aliaa Elmadhy flashes boobs in Stockholm mosque
- FEMEN storm in a DD-cup: Stand-by for 'Topless Jihad'!
- An Unlikely Israeli Awakening; What would Sharon think if he Woke up from his Coma
- From FEMEN to Salafism: behind Tunisia's chaos