First Bahraini Woman Sets Herself on Fire in Copycat Death
A 59-year-old Bahraini woman died on Saturday after she set herself ablaze in the first self-immolation case in the country.
Doctors at Salmaniya Medical Complex, Bahrain’s largest hospital, said that the woman had suffered third degrees burns after she set herself alight on Thursday.
According to witnesses, the woman went up to the roof of their house, doused kerosene on her clothes and started the fire.
The woman reportedly suffered for a long time from psychological problems.
By Habib Toumi
- Saudi woman pours boiling water over Filipino maid for not making tea quick enough
- This woman in the UAE thought she was having a baby but instead she had a...
- Yemeni 'justice': death for woman defending herself against relative's advances
- Mother Dies from Broken Heart After Daughter Drowns
- Hanging of Kuwaiti woman upheld for crime of passion, killing 57