Foul Play Out of Field: Egyptian Islamist MP Headbutts Photographer
A parliamentary MP has issued an apology for head-butting a photographer earlier on Tuesday.
The MP Mohamed El-Kurshi, of the Freedom and Justice Party, said that assaulting photographer Fady Ezzat of the daily El Shorouk newspaper was an unintended act.
“It was an impulsive act and I openly and honestly apologise for it,” El Kurshi said. “I consider [the photographer] like a son to me.”
The incident took place after El-Kurshi got angry at Ezzat for photographing a worker’s protest that had erupted outside the parliament on Tuesday and head-butted him after a heated verbal exchange.
- Alien invasion in the Mideast? 'Authentic' UFO sighting in Yemen
- A kiss with a fist is better than none?
- Abstracts in Amman: 31 Arabs bring Middle Eastern photos to fans
- Egyptian Salafi MP Recites Call to Prayer in Parliamentary Meeting
- A homeless Lebanese photographer has a breathtaking collection of shots that cover 100 years of Lebanese history