You can leave your helmet on: IDF ladies get naked
You could be forgiven for thinking that IDF soldiers had learned their lesson about Facebook photos, after images of them posing next to bound Palestinian prisoners caused a scandal in 2010. Other IDF female nudity incidents too seem to suggest a trend, as the 2009 US magazine posing testifies.
But as the latest gaff shows, it takes more than a public outcry to persuade soldiers not to post up their pictures. This time the social networking site has been swamped with photos of female IDF soldiers posing in nothing but the helmets on their heads and the ammunition strapped to their hips.
According to Israeli website 'Freder', soldiers had specifically been told not to post any personal pictures on Facebook as it might "tarnish their image" with "Arab neighbors".
Israeli NGO Breaking the Silence has blamed previous insenstive images on IDF lack of understanding of how the public sees them.
Yehuda Shaul, one of the charity's founders, said: "the immense gap between our self-image as a society and our images reflected in the mirror and in the photographs."
"We think the time has come to put an end to the silence, which facilitates the culture of denial," he added.
What do you think about female soldiers posing like this? Tell us below.
- Pictures: Israeli female soldiers post edgy pics on Facebook
- Sinful social media: Facebook photos 'un-Islamic', Mufti says
- Salesman jailed for botched Facebook blackmail attempt in Dubai
- Sleepless in Kuwait: A girl is in a 'sticky' situation after losing a dongle containing private pictures
- The beginning of the end for Zuckerberg?