The ride of a lifetime! Kuwaiti caught driving with maid stuffed in the trunk
An alarming photograph of a domestic worker travelling in the open trunk of her employer’s white automobile has been making the rounds on social media websites like twitter and Facebook.
Waleed Al-Subaie witnessed the incident less than a week ago near the Al-Andalus and Al-Firdous area between 9:00 and 10:00 pm.
Alarmed by what he saw, he quickly uploaded the photo to twitter from his handle @WaleedAlsubaie with the text, “I request that the Ministry of Interior arrest the owner of this car”.
The image was re-tweeted and shared several times and posted on websites and blogs, garnering many responses condemning the cruelty. Al-Subaie on speaking to the Arab Times shared that although this was the first time he had seen a helper in the trunk of a sedan, it was very common in Kuwait to see domestic workers shoved uncomfortably in the back of SUVs.
Al-Subaie is unaware of whether anyone has reported the incident to the authorities. Although he hopes that the employer would be reprimanded for his actions, he expressed due cynicism noting that the authorities would be less concerned in dealing with such abuses.
- Like this? Iran's Supreme Leader gets social on Facebook
- Maid on trial for raping a 13-year old Bahraini boy
- Let it snow! Jordanians greet hurricane "Wadha" with a wry smile
- When it rains, it pours! Bad weather in Jordan floods social media with sarcasm
- Conspiracy theorists have a field day over 'fake' photo