Lebanon's Saad Hariri Sheds Tears for Saudi's Sultan and Father's Friend
- Saad Hariri is emotional over the death of Prince Sultan.1 of 4
- 2 of 4
- 3 of 4
- 4 of 4
Former Prime Minister Saad Hariri hailed Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdel-Aziz al-Saud, who died early Saturday, as a model of successful leadership who has supported Lebanon through its toughest times.
“The deceased, who has born great responsibility along with the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdel-Aziz, was a model of successful leadership and was a symbol of good and kindness for his country and nation,” Hariri said in a statement.
“Lebanese have lost a dear brother and a loyal friend, who has helped Lebanon throughout the toughest times and worked with his brothers to extend a helping hand to [Lebanon's] people and country,” he added.
Hariri expressed his deep sorrow and pain for the death of the Saudi crown prince and offered his condolences to the royal family and the Saudi people.
“With the loss of the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia his Royal Highness Prince Sultan Bin Abdel-Aziz al-Saud, one of Saudi Arabia’s flags has been folded, [and the page has been turned on] a brilliant Arab character who has played a prominent role in shouldering the responsibilities of the nation and its leadership,” he said.
- Saudi Can Celebrate Competent Crown Prince Naif for Hajj, Eid 2011
- Simply the Best: KSA Pilots are Middle East's Finest
- Shariah Law: Applies to Princes and Paupers alike
- Trigger-happy merry royal is Saudi loose canon: prince shoots young man dead
- Arabs at war! Gulf states pull out their secret weapons of mass surprise against IS with Prince and woman pilot in frontline