A bit rich? Emirati woman wants thousands in alimony after 3-day marriage
The Ras Al Khaimah Family Court has started hearing a case in which a 20-year-old Emirati woman is seeking Dh30,000 in maintenance allowance and deferred dowry.
The court records showed that the plaintiff accused her husband of divorcing her three days after the wedding ceremony in a very humiliating way without giving any rational reason.
“Imagine that he left me on our wedding night to chat and play with his friends in a neighbouring emirate, and came back after three days regretting that he was late,” the woman told the court.
“What is very odd and I could not understand till now is what he did after that. He ridiculously sent me an SMS in which he divorced me claiming that he did not want to be unfair to me,” she added.
The court bench, presided by Judge Mohammed Al Shihi, summoned the defendant husband and his divorcee and ordered the adjournment of the case to September.
What do you think about the alimony request? Tell us your thoughts below.
- Emirati woman fights for bigger divorce settlement from porn-obsessed husband
- False rape claim ends in a marriage proposal
- Shamed Egyptian wife forced to cough up over $8,000 for 'virginity lie'
- Woman Against Woman Action: Moroccan Businesswoman Forces Countrywoman into Prostitution
- Housewife is cagey about seeing husband molest maid in pigeon cage