MERS suspected in death of doctor in Riyadh
MERS is an abbreviation for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, first witnessed in 2012, and is disseminated through the population on a person to person basis. [AFP]
The website did not give the name of the doctor but said the man was showing symptoms of being affected by the deadly virus. The hospital had given the doctor maximum care to save his life, the sources said.
The hospital would not confirm whether the doctor had died of MERS as this should be confirmed by the Health Ministry after conducting necessary tests. According to one report, 57 people have so far died of MERS in the Kingdom after the number of people affected by the virus reaching 141.
- Bad news for PDA lovers: UAE doctors say stop kissing if you don't want MERS
- MERS, SHMERS. Faith filled pilgrims go to Haj with no worries
- Frankincense and Mers: Jordanian family brings virus to the Emirates
- Death toll rising: Foreigner dies of deadly MERS virus in Saudi Arabia
- Hajj ends - Ebola and MERS free