The other Obama: Barack's brother spotted wearing pro-Hamas keffiyeh
It turns out no matter who you are, siblings are always annoying!
Having battled the tide of ill-informed conspiracy theorists pegging him as a Muslim due to his middle name "Hussein", U.S. President Barack Obama must be shaking his head in exasperation with half-brother Malik who was spotted wearing a Hamas scarf in a 2010 photograph.
Britain's sensationalist paper The Daily Mail reported that Malik Obama was papped wearing a Palestinian keffiyeh with Hamas slogans on it in 2010. The scarf reads; "Jerusalem is ours – we are coming" and "From the river to the sea."
The "incriminating" photograph was taken at a conference Malik Obama attended in Yemen in 2010, and appears on the website of the Barack H. Obama Foundation, an organization he founded and directs that takes its name from his father.
Malik also serves as the executive secretary of the Islamic Da'wa Organization, a group created by the government of Sudan, according to Haaretz.
Malik Obama was the best man at the 1992 wedding of Barack and Michelle Obama, according to The Daily Mail.
Before the haters get too carried away with their "Barack Obama is a Muslim" diatribe, may Al Bawaba kindly note that they're talking about the wrong brother.
- Rouhani: At 20, Obama smoked pot, Merkel was a waitress and I spoke against the Shah
- A last-minute endorsement for President Obama… from former Bin Laden BFF!
- Obama speech is top prize in Israel's presidential game show
- War Over: Obama declares end of Bush's Iraq war
- Madonna's Muslim slip: Nips tucked in but mouth still runs wild