Prostitute palaver: Six expats arrested in Oman brothel raid
Six expatriates in Oman have been arrested after a raid on a Muscat brothel. (Red light district/Kiril Stanchev/Shutterstock)
A brothel operating in the heart of Muscat was shut down by the Royal Oman Police (ROP) who also announced the arrest of six expatriates in the raid.
A crime news bulletin issued by the police said the accused – five women and one man all from different Asian countries – were detained during a swoop on an apartment block in the Al Khuwair district of the city.
“Acting on a tip-off, we placed the apartment in question under close surveillance for a while before going in and busting the accused. All six persons have been charged with running a prostitution den and the case handed over to the Public Prosecution,” the ROP said in a statement.
- Persian Gulf together: Oman's Sultan lends a royal hand to rescue Iranian former diplomat
- Man Used Dating Websites to Lure Latinas, Forced them into Prostitution
- No more happy endings! Cairo health club actually brothel
- Bahrain brothel gone awry: Female pimp gets 10 years in the slammer for her Gulf sex-trafficking ring
- Defiant in the face of death threats