Police fine Kuwait driver for bad breath (even if hungry 'Ramadan' breath)
Pleading guilty as charged to stinky breath. You could be forgiven thinking the only criminal, or penalizable, offence might be alcohol breath, a feature for which drivers everywhere are screened through breathalizer tests. (-Ed)
"According to the policeman's citation, the driver admitted that he had a bad mouth smell."
A driver in Kuwait was fined by a traffic policeman for having bad smell, a local daily reported.
The unprecedented citation waded into controversy and a police source told Al Anba daily that the "very strange incident" was problematic.
"Will the motorist be fined? If so, on what ground and how much will he have to pay? If his car is impounded, will it remain in the police garage for two months? Is there a possibility to reach a reconciliation deal?" the source asked.
According to the policeman's citation, the driver admitted that he had a bad mouth smell.
By Habib Toumi
- Sexpats busted by taxi driver found guilty in Dubai court
- Dubai sexpats take their case to the appeal court in desperate last ditch attempt
- Boozed-Up Couple's Full-Fledged Hanky Panky in Dubai Taxi
- Back to the bar? Dubai sexpats get sentence cut by a month
- Dubai comes down heavy on 2 men caught in sex act in car