Egyptian Singer Saad El-Soghayar to Run for President
Popular singer, Saad Al-Sughayar intends to run for Egypt president.
Al-Sughayar headed to the High Presidential Elections Commission (HPEC) on Tuesday to collect the official application documents and learn of the requirements for running for presidency. A large crowd and folklore music accompanied Al-Sughayar and his band on their visit to the HPEC.
Upon his visit to the HPEC, the popstar said that he has collected 30, 000 recommendations, which were declined due to his failure to fill in required documents prior the submission, reported the Middle East News Agency. He insisted that he will collect more than 55, 000 recommendations.
Al-Sughayar suggested that in 48 hours time a press conference will be held to address the unexpected reasons behind his intention to run for president.
Al-Sughayar added that his presidential agenda is ambitious and includes several priorities important to the common citizen, with a full healthcare-for-all system at the frontline of these priorities.
He remarked that Egypt was ruled for 30 years by a pilot, why not a man close to the people.
We all love an underdog. Would you vote for folkloric singer Saad El-Soghayar? And does he have a point with his 'pilot' comment? If not, whose your favorite 'funny' candidate?
- Electoral 'Mother' of all Drama: Left Winger Defends Rival Salafi For President
- Carter in Cairo doesn't want to miss historic moment as Egyptians vote President
- AMERICAN IN ARABIA: Egypt's Hashish Hobby Gets Presidential
- Egyptian Female Presidential Candidate Aims to Give Voice to Minorities
- Ex-presidential candidate Shafiq pops up to whine about Egypt ...from his home in Dubai