Make him best man! Saudi manager brings bride her wedding gown on his day off
The general manager of Express Mail Service (EMS) in Saudi Arabia beat heavy traffic and time constraints to personally deliver the wedding gown of a bride in time for the marriage celebration.
Hamad Bin Abdullah Al Bakr was enjoying the Friday off when he received a message from a young woman.
“Peace be upon you. Would you accept that the Saudi post spoils the joy of a bride on her wedding night?” the message asked.
Al Bakr replied instantly and told the would-be bride to provide him with details about the package.
Although it was a holiday, he drove to the office and looked for the consignment until he found the bridal dress.
He then informed the young woman that he would deliver it in time for the celebrations in the town of Harimla, 90 kilometres northwest of the Saudi capital Riyadh, local news site Sabq reported.
“Thank God, my colleague Nasser Al Judai and I were able to deliver the gown. We congratulated the families and may God bless them all,” Al Bakr said.
EMS has a postal network in Saudi Arabia that includes more than 500 points of sale. The 360 vehicles in its fleet are equipped with technology that provides a high level of accuracy and security during mail transportation.
- Saudi Wife 'Switch': The Perils of Meeting Your Bride on Wedding Day
- Wedding night blues: Sex-tape goes public, bride goes home
- Nuptial nightmare: Saudi groom thrown in prison for assaulting bride's family at his own wedding
- Planned marriage FAIL: You may now kiss your daughter!?
- A young Saudi billionaire dies in mysterious circumstances hours before marriage