Make him best man! Saudi manager brings bride her wedding gown on his day off
The general manager of Express Mail Service (EMS) in Saudi Arabia beat heavy traffic and time constraints to personally deliver the wedding gown of a bride in time for the marriage celebration.
Hamad Bin Abdullah Al Bakr was enjoying the Friday off when he received a message from a young woman.
“Peace be upon you. Would you accept that the Saudi post spoils the joy of a bride on her wedding night?” the message asked.
Al Bakr replied instantly and told the would-be bride to provide him with details about the package.
Although it was a holiday, he drove to the office and looked for the consignment until he found the bridal dress.
He then informed the young woman that he would deliver it in time for the celebrations in the town of Harimla, 90 kilometres northwest of the Saudi capital Riyadh, local news site Sabq reported.
“Thank God, my colleague Nasser Al Judai and I were able to deliver the gown. We congratulated the families and may God bless them all,” Al Bakr said.
EMS has a postal network in Saudi Arabia that includes more than 500 points of sale. The 360 vehicles in its fleet are equipped with technology that provides a high level of accuracy and security during mail transportation.
- #Fertile: 97-year-old Iraqi man dies six months after wedding young bride...leaving behind 325 offspring
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- The story of a Lebanese lady taking the world's most wanted bachelor off the market ends in Italy wedding!
- Good morning Mr. & Mrs. Clooney! George and Amal make first appearance as hubby and wife
- We Got Mail from Cleopatra