Crazy in love! Saudi man assaults divorce judge
A young Saudi man who assaulted a judge at a court in Al Qatif in eastern Saudi Arabia is likely to stand trial for his surreal aggression to avoid being divorced from “the love of his life”.
Saudi daily Al Youm reported that the young man was talking with the judge overseeing the divorce case filed by the wife when he became clearly upset with the looming decision to separate the couple.
“The man said that he did not want the divorce and that he was deeply in love with his wife,” a source told the newspaper. “He said that he was willing and ready to make any compromise and do anything to keep his wife.
However, he became visibly concerned about the judge’s imminent decision and attacked him. The security staff tried to bring the situation under control, but the angry man resisted them,” the source who was not identified said.
Relatives confirmed that the man was “in passionate love with his wife” and could not imagine his life without her.
“His behaviour at the court was highly unusual, but he was seriously concerned about the divorce,” the relatives said.
The man, whose name was not given, has been arrested and referred to the authorities to face charges for his assault.
By Habib Toumi
- He had it coming! Dubai man's three-way-sex with his 2 wives ends in divorce
- Tainted Love: Saudi Man Divorces Wife Over Mall Loudspeaker
- No butts about it! Smoking hot wife divorced in Saudi for cigarette habit
- Seriously, she's the devil! Dubai man granted divorce because wife is possessed
- AMERICAN IN ARABIA: Saudi's Shopping Loudspeaker Divorce