Lost in translation: Saudi Holy Mosques' sermons soon available in English
Sermons delivered at the Two Holy Mosques in Makkah and Madinah will soon be translated into English for the benefit of millions of non-Arabic speakers around the world.
The General Presidency of the Two Holy Mosques and the Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University (IMIU) have signed an agreement to facilitate the English semons. The university will supervise the translations of the sermons and lessons delivered at the Two Holy Mosques.
Sheikh Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais, head of the presidency, and Suleiman bin Abdullah Aba Al-Khail, IMIU’s rector, signed the deal. According to the Dean of Languages and Translation at IMIU, 76 sermons totaling 1,027 pages have been compiled so far.
Al-Sudais thanked the Saudi leadership and the university for supporting the project which would spread the message of Islam across the world.
- Would you like an ISIS magazine with your fried chicken? ISIS Al Mustaqbal magazine now available in Indonesia
- Bangladesh\'s Largest Annual Islamic Congregation Ends
- Move aside weed! Is jihad Amsterdam's latest fad?
- Is it a penis, is it a vagina? No, it's an airport!
- Saudi teacher dies in the middle of a Quran lesson