Twist and shout: World's biggest 'twisting' building opens in Dubai
The world's tallest 'twisting' building, the Infinity Tower, was officially opened in Dubai Marina earlier this week.
This building has gained international recognition due to its remarkable features. Not only does it twist 90 degrees, it's funky shape has an ecological element - its shape reduces wind forces on the tower. Clever!
Its completion has taken eight years and is made up of 570 residential units (including 495 apartments) as well as retail spaces and a spa.
It has 75 storeys and is a whopping 307 meters tall. It's unusual design was the brainchild of another Dubai landmark - the world's tallest tower, the Burj Khalifa.
- Snoops gets his Khaliji on with a kandoura dress for NYE
- D'oh! Homer Simpson gets cozy with the Burj Khalifa on "The Simpsons"
- Sinking Titanic restaurant set to go down a storm in Dubai
- Reebok Classic’s are back; first Classic store in the world opens in Dubai
- Decadent dining Dubai-style: Why is Burj Al Arab charging $2723 for dinner?