‘Don Quichote’ Ballet performed in Beirut
The Don Quichote Ballet was presented early this week, for three days, by the “Fouette" Ballet Company of Moscow, at Theatre Palais Versaille in Beirut, according to the Lebanese papers.
Cervantes’ masterpiece was adapted into a ballet which consists of 4 acts performed by the Moscow Fouette Ballet with leading soloist Konstantin Ivanov, music by L. Minkus and choreography by A. Gorsky.
The 2-hour Ballet was performed by 32 dancers including the ballet star Konstantin Ivanov and the renowned dancer Maskova.
Meanwhile, Opera Beirut presented a concert directed by Australian Soprano :Penny Pavlakis, featuring the stars of Opera Beirut (A cast of 10 singers) including Camille Hanna and Wadih Abi Raad.
Opera Beirut performed duets and ensemble pieces from Pagliacci, Carmen, La Boheme and other operas – Albawaba.com
- Iconic ballet steals the show at Cairo Opera House this February
- Penny Pavlakis Performs Concert Along With Opera Beirut’s Soloists
- Cairo mourns the tragic death of former Opera House chairman
- World Classic Ballets Performed at Cairo Opera House
- Egyptian Ballet ‘Al Qursan’ to Participate in Shanghai Int’l Art Fest