40 German Artists to Perform 4 Plays in Baghdad
Four German plays will be performed next April at al Rashid Theater in Baghdad, in which 40 German actors and actresses will participate, according to the London-based daily al Sharq al Awsat.
The four plays will be performed as part of the agreement between the Iraqi Cinema and Theater Department, and the German Theater An Der Ruhr.
The German artist will perform Bertolt Brecht’s play The Three Penny Opera along with other three plays. Also, they will hold workshops to train Iraqi technicians on the most modern theatrical techniques as well as holding discussion panels with Iraqi artists.
Later, the Iraqi National Acting Troupe and the United Artists Troupe performed two plays in the German city of Manheim. The plays are al Janna Taftah Abwabaha Mutaakhira (Paradise Opens Its Doors Late) and Oktobb Besm Rabbka (Write in the Name of God). Both plays was written by Falah Shaker, directed by Mohsen al Ali and costarring Shatha Salem, Jawad al Shukraji, Inas Talbat and others – Albawaba.com
- German capital plays host to biggest and brightest in Arabian movie scene
- Iraq's Ena'am Performs In Germany
- Magic in May: A review of Egypt's cultural events last month
- The show mustn't go on in Iraq: theater production censored after semi-nude actress causes uproar
- Places to go and celebs to see: A slew of fun stuff going down in Egypt this week