Abbas Al Nouri, “My children are talented musicians.”
The famous Syrian actor Abbas Al Nouri, one of the leading stars of the Ramadan drama series “Bab Al Harah” (The Town’s Door), said that Syrian television dramas are still very weak and that writers must search through history to find real and valuable material. The scenarios are written by the same people, recycling the same ideas, he added.
According to the London daily Elaph, Al Nouri will star in a new Syrian drama series called “Awlad Al Qimaryeh” (The Sons of Al Qimaryeh), based on a true story.
Al Nouri is a leading Arab actor, yet he does not believe that he makes a drama successful on his own, he truly believes that it is a group effort.
Al Nouri says that Syrian actors need more freedom, but they are as good as any other Arab actors.
He has also filmed another drama series called “Laysa Saraban,” directed by Al Muthana Sobh. Syrian actors Karis Bashar, Saloom Haddad and Khaled Taja will also play leading roles in the series.
Al Nouri is married with three children outside of his career. His daughter Ranim in a senior in high school and plays the piano. His son in the 11th grade plays the flute, and his youngest son in the 5th grade, “he plays on my nerves,” said Al Nouri.
- Will the real Abbas Al Nouri please stand up? Actor validates his official social media accounts via voice-note!
- Following in daddy's footsteps! Abbas al Nouri's son an actor too!
- Al-Sununu Choir Keeps tradition alive and Palestinian kids unified through music
- Abbas Al Nouri says no to Egyptian drama
- Abbas Al Nouri celebrates daughter’s engagement