Adel Imam is gonna con his way through Ramadan
Is there anything a scam artist can’t pull off? This Ramadan, Adel Imam’s shifting character as a master con man in the new TV drama “Al Araf” (The Fortune Teller) will challenge his acting abilities as he alternates portraying a military general, wealthy businessman, famous doctor, lawyer, and an ambassador.
The Egyptian actor is able to fraud everyone with whom he comes in contact, including police, and manages to get himself out of every possible jam in the television comedy directed by his own son, Rami Imam, written by Yousif Maati, and co-starring Talat Zakaria, Shereen and Hussein Fahmi, whom he worked with 22 years ago in the popular film "Al Lieb Ma Al Kibar" (Playing Big).
This will be the second year that we will see the king of comedy’s face on the holy month screen. Last year, he took part in "Firqit Naji Atallah", according to MBC.net. This year's gig might be an even bigger deal, and Adel is betting that it will be a major hit.
Will you for one be conned into watching this film? Please share with us your Ramadan TV sched.
- Make time for your family this Holy Month of Ramadan as OSN provides you ‘anytime, anywhere’ access to 12 brand-new Arabic shows and more
- Must-see holy month TV: soap line-up
- Life of the rich and famous allures Maali Zayed
- Leftists insulted by Adel Imam's Ramadan drama role!
- One big "Saraya Abdeen" slip: actors pull out of hit drama