Afrojack set to headline Dubai Music Festival
“I’m so excited for the dXb Festival,” he said. “I haven’t been to Dubai in about six months so I can’t wait to rock it with you guys.”
Fresh of the back of a busy music festival schedule which included a headline spot at the Ultra Music Festival, Wireless Festival, Coachella and Tomorrowland, the Dutch producer is currently enjoying sell-out tour status across Europe and the US. He has collaborated with some of the industry’s leading names including Madonna on a remix of Revolver which earned him his Grammy, David Guetta, Steve Aoki, Diplo, Kid Cudi, Pitbull and the Black Eyed Peas.
Ultimate party rockers LMFAO and Pete Wentz headlined the first dXb Music Festival last September, hosted by music giants Live Nation.
This year’s edition takes place on October 5 at Festival Park, Al Badia Festival City and will see Afrojack joined by G6 producers, Far East Movement, and Kaskade with other names to follow.
“We are excited to perform for the first time in the Middle East,” said the group who were catapulted to fame with the success of Like a G6 making history as the first number one hit ever achieved by Asian Americans.
“We are going to turn up the love, bringing you that dirty bass so everyone get your hands up and get ready to party with the Far East Movement.”
Billboard Top 10 frequenter Ryan Reddon, known musically as Kaskade has been tagged the “new face of electronic dance music” by The New York Times.
Tyler Mervyn, Managing Director of Live Nation Middle East said: “We are thrilled to announce the return of the dXb Music Festival this year, with international chart topping headliners Afrojack, Far East Movement and Kaskade. Stay tuned for more announcements with the most exciting line up of the festival season.”
Tickets go on sale on August 15 and the full festival line up will be announced shortly, according to organisers.
- DJs in the house this December! Hardwell and Afrojack in Abu Dhabi Creamfields line-up
- Lebanese-Mexican Salma Hayek's bro survives car crash, award-winning photog Ian Cuttler Sala dies
- British Pop Star Olly Murs announced as one of the headliners of Emirates Airline Dubai Jazz Festival 2014
- Haifa Wehbe, Nawal Zoghbi and Wael Kfouri headline LG’s Digital Music Festival Concert to be held in Dubai on September 15
- Getting back on the Dubai 'Train': U.S. rockers can't wait to return