Ahmed Zaki Back to Romantic Films with Majedah Al Roomi
Singer Majedah al-Roomi plans to co-star in a romantic film with actor Ahmed Zaki, once screenwriter Ahmed Bahjat finishes turning out the script, reports the daily al-Sharq al-Awsat. The name of the director for the upcoming film, which will be shot in Cairo and Alexandria, has not yet been revealed.
The daily cited Ahmed Zaki as saying that he has a yen for romantic movies. The two artists have decided to co-star in the new romantic movie after finishing the movie “Ayyam Al Sadat” (Sadat Days), also written by Bahjat, which will hit the silver screen this June 26.
This will be the second cinema role for Majedah. She performed twenty years ago in the movie “Awdat Al Ibn Al Dal” (The Return of the Stray Son) directed by Yousef Shahin. The renowned singer has apologized over the past few years for not participating in more than 30 movies, the most recent of which has been "Sukoot Ha Nsawwar" (Quiet, We Want to Photograph), directed by Shahin and starring singer Latifah - Albawaba.com
- Ahmed Zaki All Fired Up for Love Story with Majedah Al Roomi
- Yousef Shahin Cranks out Tune for ‘Quiet, We Will Shoot’
- Cartage Film Festival kicks off with the honoring of actor Ahmed Zaki
- After Nasser and Sadat, Ahmed Zaki loses 15kgs for Abdul Halim
- Ahmad Zaki absent from the private screening of his new movie