Arab Idol postpones Ragheb’s duo with Turkish singer
Lebanese superstar Ragheb Alama revealed that he decided to postpone a previously scheduled duet with a famous Turkish singer, whose name he refused to unveil, in order to free himself entirely for the upcoming talent show Arab Idol.
Ragheb said that he considers the show Arab Idol to be the Arabic version of the popular American talent show American Idol and he along with prominent UAE singer Ahlam and musician Hassan Al Shafi’ie are the judging committee. He stated that they will be selecting a number of outstanding talents among thousands of participants from around the Arab world to take part in the show.
According to the internet website MBC.net, Ragheb noted that the official sponsor of the show is MBC Group. Ragheb said that the selection process is proving to be difficult for the mere fact there are so many talented individuals auditioning and he along with the remaining judges are careful to chose the most outstanding people.
With regards to his duet with a famous Turkish singer, Ragheb said that he was forced to postpone the project because he is preoccupied with the new talent show and is currently travelling across the Arab world to choose who will be taking part in the show.
- Ragheb Alama cashes in on Arab Idol fame
- Arab Idol sparks disputes between Haifa and Ragheb
- I want you back: Nancy Ajram breaks her silence and requests Ragheb Alama's return to Arab Idol 3!
- Ragheb Alama will not sing with anyone after Shakira
- How to drive Ragheb Alama nuts: Ahlam nominates Haifa Wehbe as judge #5 on Arab Idol!