Arab Idol Recap: The finalists are chosen, time to go live!
The judges of Arab Idol promised their viewers that the second season of Arab Idol would be full of shocking choices. On their sixth show, they kept their word and stunned more than one hopeful Idol with an early ticket home. After contentious deliberation, the jury of judges chose 27 contestants to move on to the third phase of the Idol.
In these audition phases, the judges travelled to many capitals of the Arab world such as Beirut, Cairo, Dubai and Morocco. The competition then moved on to ‘Round Two’--the elimination phase . This showdown included three challenging musical tests and then, out of an original 95 contestants, Lebanese lovely, Nancy Ajram, and crew reduced the pool down to 46. Finally, this show tested and then narrowed down the Idols-to-be to 27.
Judges Ahlam, Ragheb Alama, Nancy Ajram and Hassan Al Sahfei were the decision makers in either keeping or eliminating a contestant, basing their decision on a contestants performance.
The sixth episode was heartbreaking for many singers who did not expect to be leaving the show so soon. Among the hopefuls, some stood out and were not surprisingly chosen to move on.
Next week's episode will be the first of the live shows and the audience will be taking part in deciding who will be going home and who will be staying.
- Arab Idol 2 recap: Judges come face-to-face with the weird, the whacky and the wonderful
- Arab Idol 2 recap: Horror and hilarity in final round of auditions
- Arab Idol 2 recap: More countries, more amazing talent
- Star judges of Arab Idol 2 in Beirut for latest promo
- Going places! Celebrate New Year's Eve in Bethlehem with Arab Idol's Salma Rashid