Arab Talent to Provide Thrills at Jerash Festival for Culture and Arts
A number of top Arab singers including Ehab Tawfiq (Egypt), George Wassouf and Assi Al Hillani (Lebanon), Omar Al Abdallat (Jordan) and the UAE singer Ahlam will participate in the Jerash Festival for Culture and Arts in Jordan.
The festival committee has chosen the Egyptian play Ayyam Lolo Wa Shosho (Lolo and Shosho Days) to be staged twice at the Roman theater at the beginning of next August.
Costarring in the play scripted by Nabil Badran and directed by Hisham Juma’h are Sawsan Bader, Sahar Rami, Sami Maghawri, Yaser Faraj, and Karim Saad. It is being staged now at Cairo’s Hanager Theater.
The head of the festival, Jeriess Samawi, declared, “This year’s festival carries a national placard, as most of its activities are consistent with the current situation in Palestine. Troupes will offer national songs, and others will revive the musical heritage of prominent Arab singers.”
“This is in addition to a dancing and singingTurkish troupe that will come to Jerash to revive the legacy of the great Islamic Sufi, poet Jalal Eddin Al Roumi and the Palestinian famed troupe, Sabrine” – Albawaba.com
- Arab Theater Forum Postponed, Meager Budget Cited
- Arab Poets at Jerash Festival
- Thanks, Ramy Ayach! Jerash Festival attracts over 150K fans on its opening weekend
- Jerash Festival to Reflect Arab and Palestinian Pride
- Dubai Culture’s Dubai Festival for Youth Theatre widens audience outreach with simultaneous translation of Arabic plays