Assi Helani counts down to his Beirut restaurant opening
The Lebanese singer Assi Helani is set to open a new restaurant in Beirut in the prestigious neighborhood of Verdun. The restaurant takes the singer's first name, Assi, and is jointly-owned by two Lebanese businessmen.
The final work on the interior decor of the restaurant is close to completion in time for the grand opening, scheduled iminently at an undisclosed date.
The singer was inspired to go into the restaurateur business on the back of his nephew's hit franchises for 'Kayf' restaurant.
Assi is not the first artist to decide to venture into the food business, with a number of stars exploting the same lucrative career sideline.
Otherwise, Assi recently won an award for ‘Best Lebanese Artist’ at the Lebanese Murex D’Or Festival. Early July, Assi will be taking part in Leabnon's MTV Third Oriental Song Festival. Other performers present include Lebanese singers Nawal Al Zoghbi, Ramy Ayach.
What do you think of celebrities going into the food business. Share your opinions below.
- Assi Helani had to give TV host Paula Ya'qoubian a rain check on the big interview
- Plenty of Mideastern 'voices' in the sea: Coach Assi Al Helani dishes dirt
- Najwa Karam partied like it was her birthday at 88 Café – Resto
- Singers defy nearby Syria war to keep Lebanon's Baalbek Festival alive amid its Roman ruins
- Beirutis know how to party, even in times of political peril