Bahraini model set for bikini in Miss Universe
Will Miss Universe 2013 feature a contestant from the Gulf? It certainly seems to be the case:
According to news reports, Bahraini model Shaila Sabt has been nominated to participate in the beauty pageant. If she does take part, she will become the first Bahraini national to ever do so.
In an interview with Elaph, Sabt called for her fans in the region to support and vote for her. This would be the biggest career move for the 23-year-old, who was previously chosen as Bahrain’s Top Model for 2010.
However, she has caused controversy over the fact she would probably have to wear a bikini during the competition.
By Rachel McArthur, Special to tabloid!
- Miss Universe sorry for Taj Mahal pic, didn't meant to disrespect the jewel of Muslim India
- A fashion first: Bahraini model competes for crown in world's toughest beauty pageant
- Models take part in the "Miss Bikini" event, part of "World Next Top Model 2014"
- Former Miss Universe, Natalie Glebova in Mouawad's Flower of Eternity Collection
- DHL Bahrain sponsors Bahraini student to attend the Annual National Model United Nations in USA