Beren Saat cashes in on Turkish trend
Turkish drama on the small and big screen is big business in the Arab world and no one is feeling the effect more than popular Turkish actress Beren Saat.
Following the phenomenal success of the Arabic-dubbed Turkish dramas that have taken the Middle East by storm, and the widespread popularity of Turkish cinema hit 'Sultan Al Fateh', Beren's diary is suddenly jam-packed.
The star's latest offer has come from producer Essam Shaban who is getting in there early to poach the star for a TV series that will be hitting the airwaves next Ramadan. Essan has refused to reveal the full details of the show - which he claims is still a work in progress - until Beren has signed her name on the dotted line.
But Essan did reveal that the series is centred around the tale of an Egyptian man and Turkish woman sailing the waters between the countries.
The producer admitted he has had his heart set on Beren playing the part of his leading lady since he saw her starring performances in 'Fatma' and 'Forbidden Love'.
As the pair begin some serious fee negotiation it looks like Beren could be quids in!
Are you addicted to the Turkish dramas that have hit Arab TV sets and cinema screens or are you wondering what all the fuss is about? Leave us your comments below!
- Beren Saat steams the screen: Fiance finally gets jealous
- Sweet stuff: Beren Saat spotted dining with boyfriend
- Palestine Fashion Week to get stylish with a guest appearance by Turkish TV talent Beren Saat
- Beren Saat and fiance Kenan Dogulu fight more than jealousy
- Turkish delights: Ghada Abdel Raziq's hit drama dubbed