Egyptian actor Karim Kassem reveals his mother is Jewish!
Egyptian actor Karim talking to TV host Mona about his Jewish roots. (www.elcinema.com)
Karim Kassem is not your ordinary Egyptian actor.
The 30-year-old heartthrob has a very intriguing family background, one that many people don't know about. Luckily for us, he talked about his extraordinary background in an interview with Egyptian TV host Mona Elshazly this week.
This is how Karim's story goes: His dad's father was Muslim, and his mother was Christian. Meanwhile, Karim's mum was Jewish. Yes, Jewish.
Karim told Mona that he found out about his mum's faith by accident, after coming home from school one day and complaining to his sister about what Jewish people are doing to Al Aqsa Mosque and Palestine. That's when she responded with, "Habibi, your mum is Jewish."
While this might sound like a perplexing mix to most, Karim said that he learnt to embrace Islam, Christianity and Judaism from a young age, especially that his mother was the one who taught him how to read the Quran.
He also celebrated the three faiths' religious holidays as a child.
Karim stressed that we must be able to differentiate between Judaism and Zionism, adding that his entire family is extremely patriotic and loyal to Egypt, and rejects the idea of an Israeli state and of course Zionism.
- Omar Sherif regrets nothing in his life
- Mohammad Subhi denies signing contract with former Iraqi President
- Viewers get real & realistic insight into life behind bars in Egyptian TV drama "Women's Prison"
- Censorship permits screening of Omar El Sherif’s movie for adults only
- Which TV series will you be hooked on this Ramadan 2016?