Egyptian Artists to Hold Ceremony in Solidarity with Palestinian People
A grand cultural and artistic ceremony will be held Sunday at the Opera House to assert the solidarity of the Egyptian and Arab artists with the Palestinian people, according to the daily al Ahram.
The Opera House director, Samir Farag, announced that the celebration would be held at the opera’s Grand Theater where blood donated will be collected through a medical center which will be set at the entrance of the grand theater.
Farag said Egyptian and Arab artists and singers of various generations will participate in the concert.
The program includes portraying the operetta al Holm al Arabi (Arabic Dream) and the songs Zahrat al Madaen, al Arad Tatakallam Arabi (Earth Speaks Arabic), Filistini (Palestinian), Asbaha Endi al An Bondikiyyah (I Have Now a Rifle) and the operetta al Quds Hatergaa Lana (Jerusalem will Return to Us). The National Arabic Music Troupe under maestro Salim Sahab will also participate in the event.
The artists’ statement will be delivered by Mahmoud Abdel Aziz on behalf of Egypt and the whole Arab world’s artists while Hussein Fahmi will deliver it in English. A number of Arab and foreign ambassadors have been invited to the event -- Albawaba.com
- Egyptian Opera House to Hold National, Artistic Celebration for Palestinians
- Egyptian Artists Condemn Aggressions On Palestinians
- Forty Artists Participate in ‘Jerusalem Will Return to Us’ Opera
- Egyptian Announcer Halts Variety Program in Solidarity with Palestine
- Yousef Shahin Calls For Solidarity With Palestinians