Egyptian Film Festival Celebrates its Golden Jubilee
The Catholic Center in Cairo will hold at the Nile Hall on January 25 the 50th Egyptian film festival, in which seven films will participate.
“The films which will compete in the formal contest are: Ayyam Al Sadat (Sadat Days), Ula Thanawi (First Secondary), Asrar Al Banat (Girls Secrets), Africano, Etfarag Ya Salam (What a Wonder, Have a Look), Gaheem Taht Al Ard (Hell Underground), and Gawaz Bi Qarar Gomhuri (Marriage by Presidential Decree),” the daily Al Ahram cited the center’s director, Bishop Yousef Mazloum, as saying.
The jury will be headed by the Egyptian actor Ezzat Al A’alaili and include Shwikar, Laila Olwi, Athar Al Hakim, Ahmed Bedeir, A’laa Karim, Farouq Sabri, Mohammed Basyouni, Iris Nazmi and Eqbal Barakeh as members.
As part of its activities, the festival will honor the artists Laila Fouzi, Hasan Mustafa, Sayyed Abdel Karim, Sanaa Yunes and Eqbal Barakeh.
The event will last for one week -- Albawaba.com
- Athar al Hakim to be Honored With ‘Golden Amenhotep’ Statue
- the jerash festival celebrates its silver jubilee with the 2007activities
- Royal Jordanian celebrates its golden jubilee in the presence of His Majesty King Abdulla II
- Cairo International Film Festival Opens Despite No-Shows
- deutsche bank celebrates golden jubilee in the middle east