Egyptian TV Honors Stars of Best Seller Series
The Egyptian TV has decided to honor actors, writers and directors of the most marketed 10 drama series, which have been aired since last Ramadan to date. The stars will be honored during Cairo Radio and TV festival, which will be held on July 2, 2001 for five days.
Al-Sharq al-Awsat daily cited an official source at the economic department od the state-run Media and Art Production Company as saying that these performances have been acclaimed in Egypt and Arab countries. They are the best sellers to the Arab satellite and ground channels. The leading of all these is the series “Wajh Al Qamar” (Moon Face) starring Faten Hamamh. The series was aired by most Arabic channels last Ramadan.
The source added that the rest of the series include:
- “ Al A'elah Wannas” (Family and People), directed by Mohammed Fadel and starring Kamal al-Shinnawi, Yusef Shaaban and Ferdous Abdul Hamid.
- “Zizinia” directed by Gamal abdul Hamid and starring Yahya al-Fakhrani and Hala Sudki.
- “Alfarar Min alhubb” (Escape from Love) directed by Magdi Abu Amirah and starring Athar al-Hakim and Riyad al-Khooli.
- “ Awan Al Ward” (Rose Budding Time) directed by Samir Saif and starring Yusra and Hisham abdul Hamid.
- “ Souq Al Asr” directed by Hani Ismail and starring Mahmoud Yassin and Ahmad Abdul Aziz.
- “Alhasan Al Basri” starring Ezzat al-Alaili.
- “Thunnoon Al Masri” starring Mamdouh Abdul Alim.
- “ Khayal Al Thill” (Shadow Muppet Show) starring Farouq al-Fishawi and Tayseer Fahmi and directed by Yahya al-Alami.
- “ Darb Ibn Barkook” directed by Khaled Bahgat and starring Salah al-Saadani, Galal al-Shargawi and Mervat Amin -- Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)