Keep it jumpin', got da beat thumpin', pumpin': El-Geneina Theatre's concert ready
El-Geneina Theatre in Al-Azhar Park will host musicians from Egypt and across the region on weekends in June and July.
The theatre, run by Al-Mawred Al-Thaqafi, a non-profit cultural organisation, is one of Cairo's most active stages, showcasing carefully selected musicians from Egypt, the Middle East and further abroad.
From 6 June until 5 July, performances will take place every weekend (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) at El-Geneina.
Prominent local bands such as Wust El-Balad, the Amro Salah Jazz trio, and up and coming hard rock and metal bands Simplexity and Mascara will perform. Musicians from Syria, Eritrea and Sudan are also scheduled to perform.
Thursday, 6 June
Meshwar Band - Egypt
Senet - Eritrea
Friday, 7 June
Asia Madani –Sudan
Abazar Abd ElBaqi – Sundan
Thursday, 13 June
(Retune FEST) Electronic/hip hop/Shaabi
Friday, 14 June
Storm - Egypt
Saturday, 15 June
Wust El Balad – Egypt
Saturday, 22 June
Darb Al Ahmar Arts School Troupe - Egypt under the leadership of Stomp Band (UK)
Thursday, 27 June
Origin – Egypt
Medic – Egypt
Friday, 28 June
Noha Taha - Egypt
Khater El Dawwa - Syria
Thursday, 4 July
Mascara – Egypt
Simplexity – Egypt
Friday, 5 July
Kareem Hossam Trio – Egypt
Amro Salah Jazz Trio – Egypt
All concerts start at 8.30pm.
El-Geneina Theatre, Al-Azhar Park, Salah Salem Road, Darassa, Cairo.
- Noura knows how to please: Mauritanian artist mixes it up at Hayy Festival
- Cairo's getting a taste of Palestine, Jordan and Egypt all in one at the El-Geneina theater next month
- The crossover Queen’s return!
- From Egypt to Morocco, Cairo Celebration Choir kicks off the New Year
- Take your pick! Here's what's going down in Egypt this week (February 9-16)