Iranian Short Movie Wins Bilbao Festival Prize
The first prize of the 43rd Bilbao International Short and Documentary Film Festival went to the Iranian film “Something Like Freedom” by Mohammad Taqi Ravandi, according to Tehran Times.
According to the Farabi Cinema Foundation, the prize included an award and 3000 euro in cash. The festival took place in Bilbao, Spain from November 26 to December 1.
The Iranian short film has previously won the first prize at the Romani Environment Film Festival.
Meanwhile, the first prize at the Bans International Film Festival went to the film A Time for Drunken Horse by Bahman Qobadi. The festival focuses on films about mountains.
Qobadi is currently making his second film We Sung Along Sirvan, parts of which are based in Kurdistan, Iraq.
However, the Iranian film Delbaran by Abolfazl Jalili won the Golden Montgolfiere of the 23rd Nantes Festival of Three Continents held recently in France – Albawaba.com
- Chinese whispers? Nope, Iran will get a taste of China through film festival in Sep
- Philippine Leader Reinstates ‘Irrevocable’ Ban on Sex Film
- Aye, aye! Director Atshani takes his latest film from Iran to Scotland
- Lebanon's Tourism Minister handed over honorary shield to "Out of Darkness" filmmaker Sonia Habib
- Pop that Corn! Bulgaria selects Omani film 'Popcorn' for MENAR Film Festival