It's an outrage! Sherine’s choice of jeans on the Mawazine stage considered insulting!
Sherine may be in love on cloud nine, but that hasn’t stopped haters from trying yank her back down to planet earth. The Egyptian superstar has been attacked on a number of social networks for her extremely casual appearance at the annual Moroccan music festival ‘Mawazine’, according to Sayidaty.net.
Apparently, sporting jeans on stage at such a prestigious festival is just not couth for a renowned singer. Some considered it to be an insult to the high caliber artists from around the region who had stood in her place before.
One feeble attempt to defend the singer’s wardrobe choice claimed she was still recovering from the recent fall she encountered, which led to feet injuries. It was said that Sherine could not wear a fancy gown with heels due to the pain she was still experiencing.
That would possibly have made sense if not for the fact that she had held a press conference before her performance wearing exactly that - a dress and high heeled shoes.
Who knows the true reason Sherine rocked the jeans, but let’s hope the faithful fans will let this one slip.
Was Sherine’s outfit too informal for the Mawazine in your opinion? Please share with us your comments below.
- Sherine takes Arab Idol by sound and storm
- Sherine is shining again. Could love be in the air?
- Sore loser? ‘Voice’ judge Sherine duets with her runner up at Mawazine Fest
- Sherine regrets singing for Mubarak, will dance for Morsi.
- She's just another victim! Online pirates leak Sherine Abdel Wahab's latest music album!