Janet Jackson Sued by Ex
Nearly two years after Janet Jackson publicly announced the end of her marriage to secret hubby Rene Elizondo Jr., the singer's ex is suing his former wife for more than $10 million in Los Angeles Superior Court.
Rene, who's known the superstar since they were teens, claims that Janet promised to split whatever property they acquired before their 1991 marriage, including proceeds from her 1989 album, Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814, which has sold more than 6 million copies in the US alone.
Janet's attorneys did not comment on the lawsuit.
- Doha's latest peace proposal: Janet Jackson's Qatari fiance plans wedding escapade
- Janet Jackson rumored to be engaged to Qatari bilionaire
- Destiny's Child, 'NSYNC To Honor Janet Jackson
- Janet Jackson spills the deets on 'secret wedding' number two with Qatari business tycoon
- Hakim to sing with Brian Adams and Janet Jackson