Epic wardrobe fail! British singer Jessie J's Mawazine outfit too scandalous for Morocco
A Moroccan Islamist preacher slammed British singer Jessie J’s outfit during a performance at the 12th Mawazine World Rhythms International Music Festival in Morocco.
Abdel Bari Zamzami a controversial religious figure also blamed the festival organizers for allowing the singer to perform “naked.”
“Those responsible for this festival should be blamed,” Zamzami said on a video published by Morocco’s popular news website Hespress.
Jessie J took to the stage on Saturday wearing a white long sleeve t-shirt and white boy-shorts revealing her legs.
“Why getting naked, even from a logical perspective?” Zamzami questioned.
He added a singer should be liked for their “art and creativity” and “not by getting naked.”
The Domino singer’s choice of daring outfit grabbed audience’s attention in the north African country.
Mawazine known as ‘rhythms’ in Arabic hosted in Morocco’s capital Rabat, features Arab and international music icons.
This year’s festival artists included Beyonce, HAIM, Iggy Azalea, Legend, RitaOra, Timbaland as well as other performers.
- British star Jessie J continues mission to make the world dance with Morocco gig
- Souad Massi scheduled to sweep into Morocco's Mawazine festival next May
- Mariah Carey poetically concludes Mawazine with son 'Morocco'
- Rahim's Rabat-bound! Shabola added to Mawazine Festival lineup
- Marwan Khoury and Karima Al Saqli together