Just a 'Tweeting' glimpse of Katy Perry in Dubai
UAE fans of Katy Perry were disappointed to have missed an opportunity to see American pop star whose tweet about being in Dubai created a virtual buzz on the social media forum Monday night.
Perry’s tweet: “Somehow I ended up in Dubai” elicited a great deal of excitement with users wondering why she was in the Emirati city and how to catch a glimpse of her.
One tweeted “How can I see you?” in response to Perry while another fan wrote “Katy Perry is in Dubai and I’m in Dubai! We’re breathing the same air.”
Fans were however disappointed to discover the next day that Perry was only in transit in Dubai airport, en route to London from Sydney, reported Emirates 24/7.
Upon arriving in London, she tweeted: “LONDON! ARE YOU READY TO #KP3D?! I’M HEEEEEERE! (and I need a shower after 30 hours of traveling).”
Perry is currently on a tour promoting her documentary “Part of Me” which is part footage of her performances and part personal behind-the-scenes material.
Perry’s frankness on her relationship with former husband British comedian Russell Brand has garnered a lot of attention, with some critics accusing the singer of the risqué hit “I kissed a girl” of using it as a marketing ploy to attract movie-goers.
“Part of Me” will premiere in the U.S. on July 4.
- Katy Perry gets fans California dreaming in Dubai
- Katy Perry chills out with the penguins in the desert
- Pop stars still look back to the luxury of Egypt's past for creative inspiration
- Katy Perry and Usher were flying high at Dubai's World Parachuting Championships
- Katy Perry's Egyptian pharaonic-era "Dark Horse" video is out!