Just a 'Tweeting' glimpse of Katy Perry in Dubai
UAE fans of Katy Perry were disappointed to have missed an opportunity to see American pop star whose tweet about being in Dubai created a virtual buzz on the social media forum Monday night.
Perry’s tweet: “Somehow I ended up in Dubai” elicited a great deal of excitement with users wondering why she was in the Emirati city and how to catch a glimpse of her.
One tweeted “How can I see you?” in response to Perry while another fan wrote “Katy Perry is in Dubai and I’m in Dubai! We’re breathing the same air.”
Fans were however disappointed to discover the next day that Perry was only in transit in Dubai airport, en route to London from Sydney, reported Emirates 24/7.
Upon arriving in London, she tweeted: “LONDON! ARE YOU READY TO #KP3D?! I’M HEEEEEERE! (and I need a shower after 30 hours of traveling).”
Perry is currently on a tour promoting her documentary “Part of Me” which is part footage of her performances and part personal behind-the-scenes material.
Perry’s frankness on her relationship with former husband British comedian Russell Brand has garnered a lot of attention, with some critics accusing the singer of the risqué hit “I kissed a girl” of using it as a marketing ploy to attract movie-goers.
“Part of Me” will premiere in the U.S. on July 4.
- Dubai-based singer Glen Perry reminds peeps to keep typhoon victims in mind
- Katy Perry gets fans California dreaming in Dubai
- Katy "Cleopatra" Perry and Dubai's VDay performer Rita Ora make Milan Fashion Week cameos
- Katy Perry: Cleopatra, Dark Horse and actress? Singer may pair up with Vin Diesel in "xXx" movie
- Justice is served: Katy Perry's Muslim-offending music video edited following worldwide petition