Khairi Beshara to Debut in Theater Director's Chair
Egyptian Khairi Beshara will begin directing rehearsals of the play Al Shaqiqat Al Thalatha (Three Sisters) in late October, marking his debut as a theater director, according to the Arabic daily Al Sharq Al Awsat.
The play is based on Russian writer Anton Chekhov’s play of the same name.
Beshara told the daily that he was currently choosing the stars for the play, which is scheduled to be performed at the National Theater as soon as Al Nas Elli Fil Talet (People at the Third Floor) finishes its run.
“Although I am worried about my first experience as a theater director, I am happy about this challenge because it spotlights my directing capabilities,” Beshara said.
“Therefore," he added, "I am going to delay my current cinema project, the new film Nasma Fi Mahab Al Rih (Slight Breeze to the Windward), which was scheduled to start shooting this month, after I found a new actress who is completely right for the starring role. But I prefer to concentrate all my abilities on the play.” - Albawaba.com
- In ‘Innas illy Bittaalet’, Khooli’s Deviation from Play Script Angers Author Ukasha
- Riyad al Khouli to play Antra Bin Shaddad
- Naked Medea Shocks and Delights Moscow Theater Audiences
- ‘Desire Under Elms’ Tempts Hanan Tork to Work for Public Sector Theater
- Shawqi to Star in Adaptation of Play by Nobel Prize Winner O’Neill