Latifa’s heart leads her back to the cinema
The beginning of the New Year will witness the making of three new films, one being “Ana Albi Ma’ak” (My Heart is with You) starring Tunisian singer Latifa.
the film will mark Latifa’s second film experience the first being “Sukoot Han Sawar” (Quiet we will begin filming) for director Yousif Shahin.
according to the Qatar based daily, Al Raya, Egyptian actor Mustafa Shabaan will costar alongside Latifa in the film, which is directed by Haitham Abdul Aziz.
Sources have revealed that Latifa did not steal the rights to the song “Khalouni” (Leave Me), originally written and composed by the late Dahman Al Harashi.
Latifa’s last album was released in 2003. A year later she released the song “Khalouni” as a single that was subsequently included in an album that featured the best of Latifa’s songs.
Latifa never claimed to have the rights to the song, and made it a point to credit Dahman as the writer and composer of the song in her music video.
Latifa had received permission from the late composer’s family before recording the song and filming the accompanying video, reported the Qatar based daily, Al Raya, clearing her of any inappropriate action.
- A cougar in the making: Latifa almost unrecognizable in her latest music vid
- UK hearts Jewish cinema: UK Jewish Film Festival comes to fruition April 16-19
- Latifa attempts to enter the cinema once more
- The truth behind Latifa’s ban in Algeria
- Big news for Haifa Wehbe! Her "Halawet Rouh" might come back for another round in Egyptian cinemas!