Lebanon shows the world why it needs music with international fest
Lebanon's Al Bustan Festival International Festival of Music and the Performing Arts is one of the major music and performing art festival taking place in the region.
Themed "The World Needs Music," this year marks the 20th edition of this festival.
The opening night set on Tuesday, 19 February will include works by Brahms and Elgar, with violin and cello soloists. Al Bustan Festival Orchestra - The Pan-European Philharmonia, will be conducted by Gianluca Marcianò.
The festival will include a rich programme with performances by international orchestras and conductors, small ensembles, choral works, operas, recitals, flamenco dance, etc.
Most of the performances will take place in the Emile Bustani Auditorium in Beirut that takes almost 500 audience. The festival will continue until 27 March.
For the complete programme, visit Al Bustan Festival's web site
- Souk Ukaz kicks off amid poor arrangements
- 200,000 visitors and counting make a spectacular start for Dubai's Dub Fest Street Festival
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Lebanon’s Al Bustan Fest to Embrace World Arts
- The Al-Bustan fest is back and bigger than ever!