Lebanon to host Miss Europe 2002
Lebanon is to host the Miss Europe 2002 Beauty Pageant on December 28 in the heart of Beirut. The decision came about during a press conference at the Movin Pick Hotel in Beirut in the presence of the president of the Miss Europe beauty pageant committee Rogeah Zayler and the Lebanese president of the Miss Lebanon beauty pageant committee Anthony Maqsoud.
In addition a number of sponsors for the big event such as Abraham Al Halaby, public relations official at the Lebanese satellite channel New TV, attended the conference according to the London based daily Al Sharq Al Awsat.
It was noted that New TV will cover all events before and during the pageant and will be the main media source for the event. All necessary measures were taken by the station to air the event to viewers all around the world.
Forty-two contestants from all around Europe arrived in Lebanon and will undergo a two-week tour throughout the country, accompanied by officials for the pageant.
Algerian singer Fula is said to liven up the beauty pageant performing a collection of her best songs old and new. In addition she is to sing in French a song called “Paris Paris” written and composed especially for her by singer and composer Elias Rahbany during the Franco Festival in Beirut. –Albawaba.com
- War sends Miss Lebanon 2003 beauty pageant contestants home
- Beauty and the Singer: Assi Helani guest of honor at Miss Lebanon 2013 beauty pageant
- Echoes of laughter heard during the final countdown of the Miss Lebanon 2003 Beauty Pageant
- Miss Lebanon 2003 beauty pageant contestants rush back
- Surprise ending for Miss Lebanon 2004