A message from Yanni's friend from Space!
Astronaut Scott Kelly had a message for Yanni during his Egypt concert last weekend.
“Good evening Yanni, Egypt and the world,” Kelly begins, with theme music scored by Yanni, of course, playing in the background.
“I often fly over the Great Pyramids, the Nile river and Cairo, and see their glowing lights from this incredible vantage point,” he says.
Kelly’s “call” (which is clearly a pre-recorded video) was broadcast as a surprise ending to Yanni’s much hyped and lauded shows at the Pyramids, dubbed “The Dream Concert”. It was the artist’s first time performing in Egypt.
Kelly left concertgoers with a special of message of unity: “Without political borders as we see on a map, it appears we are all part of the same global community, one which radiates peace and hope.”
- Monkeying around, Iranian style: second furry friend returns from space after his out-of-this-world mission
- Kalimera, Yanni! Sharjah set to host Greek-American musical genius in Nov!
- "Let us focus on unity and not on division": A beautiful message of peace from youth across the world
- Back from the dead? New ghoulish Lebanon phone app lets you leave a “farewell” message before you die
- Salat surfing: French Muslims very app-y over new app linking them to free prayer space