Palestinian Film Tells About Figures Lived in Jerusalem
The latest Palestinian film Qisas Min al Kuds (Stories from Jerusalem) directed by Akram al Safadi is currently being screened at the Palestinian East Jerusalem Theater hall, according to the daily al Ahram.
The film tells the stories of three real figures from different nationalities who lived in Palestine where love for the sacred city and hope for a better future was common among them.
The first figure was Ali Jedah from Chad whose family came to visit the al Aqsa mosque after they performed pilgrimage and settled near al Haram al Sharif in Jerusalem.
The second figure is the opera singer Reem al Talhami who settled in the northern Palestinian City of Shafa Amer in 1948.
The third figure is Farouq al Dazdar from a Turkish military family, which owns a big house in Jerusalem, built during the Turkish presence in the region. The house has been turned into a restaurant where parties are made -- Albawaba.com
- Palestinian Film “Al Sabbar” Attracts Swiss Audience
- Stay out of our city: Palestinian official asks NBC not to film mystery drama series in Jerusalem
- ‘World Martyr’: Saudi animated film about Mohammed al Dorrah
- ‘Rana’s Wedding’ Opens Arab Presence at Cannes Film Fest
- Najwa Najjar to Screen Her Films in Support of Palestinian People