Quincy Jones is gonna jazz up Dubai Music Week
A mix of industry pioneers and celebrities will lead the ‘Emirates World Exclusive Quincy Jones Seminars’, writes Jack Langley.
The event, hosted by Dubai Music Week, aims to give audiences insight into the complicated world of music production. Michael Jackson fans will be in for a treat on September 24 as audiences will hear from the multi-Grammy award winning production team behind some of Jackson’s record-breaking albums.
The speakers will include Quincy Jones, Rod Temperton, Bruce Swedien and Siedah Garrett, who will give a valuable view into producing the greatest selling album of all time.
On September 25, Jones, voted as one of the most influential jazz artists of the 20th Century, is inviting international stars Timbaland and will.i.am on stage to launch the first cross-over talent from across the region.
Jones said: “Dubai Music Week is a new concept to the region and aims to bring talent, management and technology together, furthering the potential in the region and providing a platform for the growth of the industry.”
Tickets for both the ‘Producers Panel’ and the ‘Michael Jackson Dream Team’ are on sale now on the Dubai Music Week, www.dubaimusicweek.com.
- Dubai's musical calendar just got better: will.i.am to headline Dubai Music Week
- Dubai's music scene gets hefty investment from star producer
- The chance of a lifetime: Lebanese singing sensation wins Dubai Music Week competition
- Cheb Khaled is a Rai of light in the music world
- The countdown is over: Timbaland & will.i.am Dubai Music Week tickets up for sale