Ragheb Alama plays the diplomat
Lebanon's favorite export, Ragheb Alama, has publicly pledged his support for Iraqi star Kadim El Saher.
The Lebanese legend also said that he agrees with the El Saher's comments that the judges on the "The Voice" are much more that just four experts on the show, but go above and beyond the call of duty, providing much needed support for the hopefuls.
Alama did however say that contestants need to make effort themselves and can't rely on the expert tuition on hand to get through to the final, and maybe, with a bit of charm, win the most popular competition in the Arab world.
Our Lebanese lovely refused to be drawn on comments by Kuwaiti singer Abdullah Ruwaished.
According to Sayiday.net, Ruwaished described the UAE's vocal talent Ahlam as merely a lady for a penchant for fine dressing during the show 'Arab Idol 2,' before adding Egyptian judges Hassan Al Shafei brings nothing to the judging table. Ouch. Ever the diplomat, Alama said he considers the pair good friends and won't comment on the allegations. Maybe once the vicar chords give up the ghost, time for a new career in the diplomatic corps?
- How to drive Ragheb Alama nuts: Ahlam nominates Haifa Wehbe as judge #5 on Arab Idol!
- Arab Idol: Ragheb Alama's nemesis Ahlam hoping to replace him with Mohammad Abdo
- I want you back: Nancy Ajram breaks her silence and requests Ragheb Alama's return to Arab Idol 3!
- Ragheb Alama cashes in on Arab Idol fame
- Bye Bye Ragheb Alama, Hello Wael Kfoury: Ahlam ecstatic about new Arab Idol judge