Samira Abdel Aziz: Wicked Wife on Stage, Loving Mother on Screen
Egyptian actress Samira Abdel Aziz who is known for her roles as a kind villager and tender mother, plays the roles of a wicked wife on stage and a loving mother on small screen.
Abdel Aziz who played the role of Um Kulthoum’s mother in the TV series, who helps the late diva to achieve successes, is currently shooting the role of the late prominent Islamic cleric Mohammed Mitwalli Shaarawi (played by Hasan Yousef) in the TV series which depicts the life history of the cleric.
Shaarawi’s mother sacrifices herself to help him to continue his study and become a prominent personality.
Meanwhile, Abdel Aziz is playing the role of the Sultan’s wife in the play al Sultan Yalhoo (Sultan is Playing) which is currently being staged at Cairo National Theater.
The actress plays the role of the wicked Sultana who conspires against her husband, the Sultan, and denies that the arrested person is her husband. Yet she accuses him of madness.
The play is scripted by Mahfouz Abdel Rahman who reveals the various types of the authorities’ corruption, directed by Amr Dowwarah and costarring Ahmed Rateb (Sultan), Samirah Abdel Aziz (Sultana), Zein Nassar, Khalil Murci, Yousef Ragaei and Entisar -- Albawaba.com
- Ghada Abdel Razzaq: ‘Al Hag Mitwalli’ Rediscovers Me!
- Exclusive interview: Egyptian actor Maged El-Kedwany says "Fortune always smiles at me"
- Al Shaarawi’s Family Objects to TV Series Tackling Personal Life of the Cleric
- Al Sultan Yalhoo, Play Depicts Authority’s Corruption
- Rollin' out the red: 10th edition DIFF set to be off the chain!