Shahin Prefers Cannes to Cairo
Egyptian director Yousef Shahin has refused to screen his latest film, Sukout Hansawwar (Quiet, We Will Shoot), at the Cairo film festival in October, according to the Qatari daily Al Raya.
The film stars Tunisian singer Latifa.
Shahin said that he was unconvinced of the advantages of screening the film at any international film festival, adding that the only festival he would find suitable would be Cannes.
Shahin received a cinematography award at Cannes two years ago - Albawaba.com
- Critics Wage War on Yousef Shahin after 'Donkeys' Comparison
- Telling the Story of Yousef Shahin’s Half Century of Leadership in Cinema
- Randa Al Shahal’s ‘Kite’ Flies Over Questions of Identity, Belonging
- Ghada Saba to Assist Yousef Shahin
- Sean Connery to Play Salahiddin Al Ayyoubi in Project to Polish Islam's Image